Candice Schreiber (https://thehealthyherbivore.com/) is a plant based nutritionist, avid writer, and passionate educator. She enjoys helping others learn about the benefits of a plant based diet and helping them transition to healthier lifestyle. In addition to her love for all things whole foods and plant based, Candice is an outspoken supporter of organic, non-GMO foods as well as animal welfare.
1. What is your favourite Sweets from the Earth product? And why?My favorite SFTE product is hands down the Peppermint Nanaimo bar! Chocolate and peppermint is my favorite combination of flavors in desserts. I love the Nanaimo bar because it’s indulgent and decadent but still gluten free and vegan. Win!
2. When do you indulge and eat your Sweets – Morning/Afternoon/Night? Usually I indulge in sweets at night. I love having some organic caffeine free tea and a treat to unwind.
3. If you weren’t a plant-based nutritionist, what career would you be in, instead?A forensic pathologist, like CSI! When I was in younger I used to love crime scene investigations shows. I was really intrigued about how they were able to solve mysterious crimes using only small pieces of evidence. Fascinating!
4. What’s the hardest thing about your job?
The hardest thing about my job is hearing people describe their struggles with their health or a chronic illness. I want to be able to make them better with a snap of my fingers! Conversely the best thing about my job is empowering people to take control of their health through diet.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Disney Pixar movies. I love movies like Up and Wall-E. When I was studying for my MCATs my “off days” were always spent watching a Disney Pixar movie. They always have loveable characters, comic relief, and an uplifting message. Not to mention adorable characters. Wall-E is my favorite! Icanhascheeseburger.com is also another one. It features pictures of cute cats with funny captions. I could spend hours on the site!
6. Do you follow any special diets?
I am vegan and eat mostly raw and gluten free.
7. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?
So many it’s hard to choose one! I would have to pick Charles Darwin. His studies on evolution were the whole reason I perused the sciences in school. I’d have a bazillion questions but I would want his thoughts on the evolution of diet and what his thoughts are on what the optimal diet for humans is. I’d also ask him to sign my copy of The Origin of Species
8. What motivates you on a day –to-day basis?
Hearing stories about people taking their health into their own hands and recovering from illness or chronic disease using only natural methods ie; diet, herbs, etc. It takes cojones to leave the traditional medicine path and follow a holistic approach to healing. I find the stories inspirational and motivational. Also my husband. He never compromises and leads by example. Also he is very patient when I am not!